The Best Approach is a Proactive One!
The statistics are staggering – according to John Hopkins – this year 3,000,000 children between the ages of 10 and 12 will be diagnosed with Scoliosis. And our best advice is be proactive! In a fun relaxed atmosphere, surrounded by peers, our 5-10 day Teen Curves Summer Camp™ sessions offer your child a pre-emptive approach to treating scoliosis. A highly successful, intervention method designed to decrease the progression of scoliosis and avoid bulky bracing or invasive procedures.
Our camp sessions, divided into morning and afternoon workouts, consist of individually customized sessions featuring exercise therapy and state-of-the-art equipment designed to accomplish the following:
1. Provide pre-emptive treatment for scoliosis curves below 25 degrees
2. Reduce and/or eliminate scoliosis for curves below 25 degrees
3. Provide non-surgical treatment alternatives for scoliosis curves above 25 degrees
4. Reduce and stop the progression of scoliosis curves above 25 degrees
5. Assess your teen’s probabilities of scoliosis progression
6. Provide long-term plan for your child’s scoliosis treatment including check point timelines and home care protocols if needed
At South Florida Scoliosis Center we believe the best approach is a proactive one. Rather than remaining in that “wait and see” mode (the first course of action prescribed by most physicians) we encourage parents to tackle your child’s curves while they’re small. We also find that in positive group settings and surrounded by peers, children encourage each other and the success of treatment then becomes exponential.